The Complementor offers a variety of strategic and in-depth services for both small and medium size enterprises and organizations. Our services include:
- Payroll & Tax Filing
- Many of our clients own and operate business that cross state lines or are outside of Washington. In these cases trying to keep up on State and Federal laws to pay your employees legally and fairly is a full time job in and of itself. This can be a time consuming nightmare for small business owners. We offer payroll solutions that meet your business needs and enable you to spend time doing what you do best – running your company.
- Tax Planning
- In a letter Benjamin Franklin once wrote “In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes” While we don’t carry the same fatalistic sense of burden with which Mr. Franklin wrote these words we do appreciate the point he was trying to make. Taxes are not going anywhere any time soon. Planning is key in these situations to legally reduce your tax liability. We recommend tax savings strategies to maximize your after-tax income.
- Secession Planning
- Monty Hipp is well equipped with the knowledge and know-how to help you with your personal. business, and financial succession planning. Having spoken at numerous national conferences on succession planning to both individuals and businesses alike.
- New Business Formation
- Opening your own business is exciting and thrilling. It’s everything that comes after the excitement and thrill has worn off that dictates whether a small business will make it or not.A methodical plan of action is needed to fulfil your dream or goal of being your own boss and running a successful business. Success lies in the approach you choose to take. We help you avoid the common pitfalls that many new small business owners make when starting their new venture.
- We help you:
- Prepare a business plan outlining your marketing, management, and financial plans.
- Determine your start up capital needs
- identify revenue sources and streams
- Evaluate your borrowing power
- provide payroll & tax filing solutions when you bring on your first employee
- Set up home office to maximize tax -deductions
- Develop and create employee handbook/ policies and procedures complying with state and federal laws to protect you and your new business.
- Non-Profit Executive Management or Part Time CFO
- There are times when organizations are in a critical between phase and the decisions made at this time are crucial to the survival of the business. If you are in need of a CFO or interim Management The CompleMentor can help.The cost of hiring a full-time CFO or Non-Profit Executive can range from $60,000 to over $100,000 per year plus bonuses and benefits. Our Part-Time CFO services provides you with experienced support at a small fraction of that cost.Contact us for testimonials from our clients who have utilized this interim management service as well as an individualized quote based on a variety of factors. You’ll be glad you did!
- Financial Forecasting
- In the ever changing landscape of todays world you need a thought leader who can help you and your company take a 30,000 foot view and plan for the future.
- We will help you determine immediate and future Funding Pathways, Increased Revenue Streams, and Multi Year Budgets which will position your company for years of strength and growth.
- Non-Profit Executive Management or Part Time CFO
Business Talks & Training
COALESCING: Motivation, Team Building, Personal Growth, Professional Development, and Life Priorities.
RESULTS: Increased Team Productivity | Ability to Celebrate Wins | Increase in the Bottom Line | Reduction in Work Place Stress | Practical Tips on How to Follow Through
Refresh and Reimagine
• Breath life into your organization – Do members of your team have life in their eyes?
• What new words and ideas are you integrating into your organization plan (fresh ideas, fresh perspective)?
• Future-casting tie in (shift thoughts, beliefs, ways of doing things – while keep core principles) – value history while having an innovative plan and strategy to shape the future
• Choosing optimism with reality in view – linking a positive frame to the way to approach and handle challenges and opportunities (seeing opportunity in challenge).
• Integrating gratefulness in your personal and professional life.
Developing mission and signature
• Letting “Why” drive the what, how, who, where, and when’s
• Mission/Vision/Know the Why/Simon Seynek = Moving your company forward with intentionality
• Do people know it (tied to signature), does your board, team, staff know it…
• Motivating staff – connecting company goals with individual goals
• Development – getting better, skills
• Accountability – business plan broken down into action items, delegate names (like doing with Solution Forum) and deadlines
• Signature – personal and professional
Tenacity and tapping into grit
• Mental toughness
• When you care about something: determination, strong and courageous (Joshua)
• Whatever it takes (Abraham Lincoln)
• With gusto and enthusiasm (what people say I bring to the table)
• Lead different, think different, act different…
• The difference
The Power of Belief
• People of impact
• How belief can play in your business ventures…and the importance of that quality as a leader (if you don’t believe, your team won’t believe)
• How belief is tied into emotional intelligence
Accurate assessment and affirmation
• Utilizing research and assessment in your organization
• Communication strategies – internal and external – effective approaches
• into the word truth – linked to core values
• Assessing team strengths and areas of growth – tie into enneagram – link to having people in the right roles, assessing what skills they have and what skills are needed
• Link to personal interviews and surveys
• Link to barriers that block success (team dynamics, celebrating wins, spur each other on towards success) – tie into collaboration and collective wins, poor past performances
Time and Life Management
• Follow through
• One thing – goals, objectives, priorities – link to mission driving these areas
• Calendar color code (Color your world)
• Will power vs won’t power
• What gets your focused attention?
• Effective delegation vs passing the buck
• Lifting your leadership capacity
• Lifting others
• Lifting the lid (understanding your behavior – enneagram, strengths and stresses…
• Lift the level of your influence – personally and professionally
• Communication strategies – internal and external
• Public speaking: Know audience, presence (tied to signature: demeanor, posture, gait, pace) practical of eye contact and project, organize your flow, concise stories, fun and humor• How to reframe a concept so that it is understood
• Minimizing miscommunications
• Habitude formula
• Loosely professional and tenaciously prepared
• Laugh, lean in, look, listen, learn
• Value of who you are (people want to be around you) and strategy (intelligence, ideas, plan, leadership)
• Personal and powerful
• Developing and implementing a game plan
• Goals based on priorities (driven by mission), — and also our counterbalance of creating awareness of how values and priorities come into play
• Lead, facilitate, support
• Behaviors linked to thought patterns linked to changed attitudes – translate how those can help drive the future of the organization
• Positive mindset
Follow-through – distinctive trait of strong leaders
• What sets you apart from the pack
• Separation is in the preparation
• Decisions, determinations, disciplines to habits
• Proactive and resourceful
• Honing organization skills – improve, make better, refine, renew
• High personal standards – standard of excellence
• Intentional delegation – how and when to circle back
The Solution Forum is a framework to bring together key solution providers, gatekeepers, and inﬂuencers to create, strengthen, and facilitate solutions on agreed upon issues/projects that require broad based participation of experts, resources, and people.
The engaging and interactive approach of the Solution Forum is based upon a commitment to move from idea to solution on issues that impact people. The focused intention of the Solution Forum is designed to create a path of travel for developing ideas, solutions, and funding pathways, by addressing issues that require innovation and collaboration.
Facilitation – Complementer Solution Forum
• Board meetings
• Team meetings
• Retreat planning
• Team Getaways
• We develop focused agendas, clear definitions of success, leaving with an action plan, having fun, celebrating wins, creating platforms for honest conversation, how to identify easy opportunities, how to take large vision and dreams and break it into strategic recommendations and tangible actions steps for moving forward, how to allocate time (so the meeting does not feel like a waste of time – similar to Solution Forum principle), how to establish common ground – that we can help people create, build, assess, research, and implement a plan.
<h3 “>Research and Assess – CompleMentor Solution Forum• Non-profit organizations
• For-profit organizations
• Community groups
• We provide organizational research, assessing strengths, weaknesses, while developing clear definitions of success, leaving with an action plan. We create platforms for honest conversation | How to identify easy opportunities | How to take large vision and dreams and break it into strategic recommendations and tangible actions steps for moving forward | How to allocate time (so the meeting does not feel like a waste of time – similar to Solution Forum principle) | How to establish common ground – that we can help people create, build, assess, research, and implement a plan.
This is done with pre-surveys with teams – Oversight and development of mission statements, goals, and team dynamics. Concluded with a written report of findings and strategic recommendations.